Back in Time

The 1990's contain some pretty interesting details. As I talked about with my group, technology was on a rise. It seems as though all the way up until the 90's it was rising somewhat slow, but then the world-wide web was invented. I think this was one of the most revolutionary advances not only for technology but for human kind as well. Just think about how many times a day you look down for less than 30 seconds to find some information. We take this for granted more times than not. The 90's had some more interesting details like public arenas being made handicap accessible, increasing the standards for graduation requirements, and national occupational therapy day being created, but the release of the world-wide web has to be the most important.

The 2000's had its ups and downs. It started off the decade with what some would consider our country's most significant date in history, 9/11. It also ended with the tragic passing of the famous Michael Jackson which devastated many. Also, right in the middle of these two dates you had hurricane Katrina. All of this happening within 10 years shocked me. But what stood out the most to me was in 2007 it became mandatory that OT's had to acquire a master's degree. This stood out to me the most because it relates to where I am in life. If this were not passed, I could very well be working in my career already. I would also not have as much debt. I am not saying this was a bad decision, but it has affected me personally in a negative way. Yes, I will more than likely learn more while getting my master's, but is it worth it? That is the question I ask myself.

The last main detail out of one the decades presented to the class that stood out to me happened recently. The 2010's same sex marriage was accepted in every state. Now, I am not going to give my opinion, but I will say that it has divided our country. It is a topic in which most people are for it or against it. There tends to really be no grey area when discussing this. I understand that it must be discussed in order to resolve it, but it is frustrating. I believe this topic, not necessarily the law passing, has hurt our country.

Comments

Popular Posts